Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Location, location, location!

Today I spent most of my writing time listing the locales--the cities, towns, areas that I expected my characters to frequent, especially my protagonist who is a drifter, moving from place to place in the Province of Alberta.
Although I have a vague idea about some of the locations, I know I will have to do much research for the details. I've decided that my story will cover from 1905 to 1925, so the setting is quite different from today.
Related to the locales are the events that occurred at that time and in those places.
My list was quite extensive and I may not use all of the them, but that will depend on the progress of the story, the personality of the the main character, and the history of the period.
Tomorrow I will be defining my main characters' goals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home