Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Characters

Today I listed all the characters that I expected to encounter in my story. I divided it into Major and Minor characters as well as historical figures that I expected to meet. Of course, the major characters were my protagonist and his antagonists, which proved to be many.
At this point I only listed the characters; I did not bother with descriptions, physical, psychic or otherwise. That's for a later stage in the planning. Although did not elaborate on each character, I did give each one some thought.
Since most plots are character driven, they require a great deal of scrutiny. Each will eventually have his or her separate character sketch including a timeline profile.
For now they are merely names that of themselves must be carefully chosen because they have to fit the character.
Tomorrow its the setting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home