Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Holidays are over!

Summer is over! It’s back to work! I have two new books just released so now is the hardest part—promotion! I suppose most writers are like me and find this time frustrating and irritating: press releases to send out, signings to book, interviews to cope with, and all the other activities involve in promoting a book.

I suppose, though, that’s better than waiting for a rejection letter!

One of my new books is The Venturers that I’ve already advertised in this blog and on my web sites; the other is a romance written under a nom de plume, a pseudonym, or an aka. It’s Inheritance of Love.

Both are available online at various bookstores including Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Booksamillion, as well as many more.

I have one signing set up at a local bookstore and a promise at another bookstore. As well, I have been featured in one local newspaper and another has interviewed me.

I suppose the publicity won’t hurt, and it may sell a few books although I know that not a large percentage is sold in bookstores.

Today I worked on my mailing list, e-mail and regular. Soon I will be reminding all of my books and my websites, of which I have four: one for all my books, one author site, and a site for each of my latest books. Each is different, and each requires maintenance. Changes and correction are an ongoing chore, but it does help the royalty check at the end of each half year.

I haven’t yet planned my year of writing; I do hope to start another novel soon, but I still have the last WIP to work on: proofreading, rewriting, revising, and polishing.

And my publisher wants to see the sequel to The Venturers that is part of a series that covers the history of Canada from 1670 to 2000.

I guess I have plenty of work to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home