Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Frustrated!

Today was one of those days when nothing went right! My computer acted up and my printer refused to print the way it should. No matter what I tried, nothing worked.

First I wanted to print some brochures for a signing that I’ll be doing on September 24, at Vimar Books, the local bookstore, but the computer kept freezing up on me. Somehow I suspect that’s related to the fact that I downloaded the new Yahoo! Messenger which, of course, doesn’t work properly either, certainly not as well as the old one.

When I finally got that operational, the printer acted up; after two new ink cartridges it still printed with streaks. I cleaned the heads several times and that didn’t help, so I finally abandoned that task.

I decided then to do some editing and revision of one of the historical novels that I wrote several months ago. I loaded that into Word and started reviewing my work, and the power blipped and I lost 10 minutes work or thereabouts. Luckily Word Recovery worked and I could go from there.

By this time, I was completely frustrated, so I tackled the mail for the day. A small royalty check from a publisher helped some but was also a disappointment because I was hoping more books sold.

The bills that came with the mail could never be covered by the check.

I gave up and spent the remainder of the day poking around the yard—cutting weeds here and there, removing some nuisance trees, etc.

Tomorrow may be better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like music on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

10:28 PM  
Blogger easywriter said...

There is nothing more frustrating than a balky computer. I know, I won one lol. I hope the garden soothed, it always does work for me.

I'm too far away to come to your book signing, but I wish I could, and maybe you'll get more royalty checks? I hope so!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think ? Do I look hot ?

You can see me here

[url=http://sexscreener.org/p/random/1992]My Profile[/url]

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home