Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Advice

Today was a good writing day. I wrote two short e-zine articles on words, one on the inadequacy of words to express emotions and ideas, the other on how the choice of words affects the writer’s style.

Then I did a bit of housecleaning so to speak: discarding files that I no longer needed, backing up files that were necessary, and moving files into folders to make the system more efficient.

I prepared flyers for delivery to promote my upcoming signing at the local bookstore.

I began thinking about my next book, my next work in progress, but I did nothing but think and consider. Several ideas came to mind, but nothing yet excites me to the point that I want to begin planning although that will come sooner or later.

I did design some bookmarks to use for promotion during the signing session, but I haven’t decided whether or not I will use them. Nevertheless, they are available if I should decide to go that root.

Oh, by the way, while writing the two e-zine articles, I dug out my copy of Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White. What a wealth of information on writing in such a ‘little book.” If you don’t have a copy, get one. You will never regret it; the advice is exceptional. Every writer should own a copy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a teen group sex Check It Out!

10:09 PM  
Blogger easywriter said...

Are your books for young adults available in Ontario schools? I must ask my cousin who purchases for them. If not, I will ask her to lok into it, I do think they would be a valuable addition.

10:36 AM  
Blogger easywriter said...

Oh, my typing is atrocious, I meant to say look not lok. *Grins*

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home