Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Roadblocks

I was hoping to finish the first draft of my current WIP before the end of June, but circumstances have made it impossible, what with the beginning of summer and the vacation period. As a result, may visitors and events have interposed to make that impossible.

I’m still working on chapter 13, which is the one before the last. Presently, Daniel is becoming involved in the political scene in Edmonton, and again he and Edward Shepherd come into conflict. Edmonton is a growing town, vibrant and progressive, but it and Calgary vie for top spot in the North West Territories that consists of four districts: Assiniboia, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Athabaska. Regina is the main city of Assiniboia; Prince Albert, that of Saskatchewan, Calgary, of Alberta, and Edmonton of Athabaska.

Daniel, of course, wants Edmonton to be the main city of the Territories although it has not yet received that status.

That’s where the story is at now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home