Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

New Books

Hi Folks,

I’ve been away for several days, sort of vacationing. I expect to get back at my WIP on Monday. In the meantime, I’m assessing and reorganizing my office.

As well, I have two books about to be released. One is a historical novel, The Venturers, that is the first of a series based on a French Canadian family that arrived in New France in 1670. It is the story of Pierre and Françoise Marin, newly weds, who come to Port Royal, Acadia as settlers to make a new life for themselves and their expected children. Saga Books of Calgary, Alberta, Canada will publish it. I don’t yet have a release date, but it will be soon as the editing has been done and the cover is almost completed.

The second is a contemporary romance, Inheritance of Love using the name Mary Ellen Simpson. It is the story of Leila Brannion, and Irish colleen of Cork, Ireland, who inherits from her grandfather a cattle farm in Alberta with the condition that she must come to Canada and operate the farm for at least five years in order to complete her inheritance. This will soon be published by Publish America. Again, I do not yet have the launch date, but all the proofs have been corrected and returned. The cover is also ready, so it should be soon.

As you can see, I’ve been quite busy with checking proofs and approving covers, etc., but I should be back into routine—barring visitors, etc. on vacation, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home