Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Friday, July 22, 2005

The final chapter

Today I started the final chapter of the novel I’m currently working on. Somehow, I feel that this chapter is anticlimactic although Daniel has not overcome his main adversary throughout, Edward Shepherd.

The chapter ends with the official founding of the Province of Alberta; although Daniel and Edward do not agree on how this should come about, both are in favor of it happening. I’ve titled the chapter The Winner, and I always like my stories to end in a positive way with my protagonist triumphant.

What about the protagonist? In this case Edward Shepherd. If Daniel is a winner, then Edward must be the loser. I’m not sure how that will happen or even if it will happen. Somehow I feel that it must happen.

Maybe I’ll let my characters decide that. They usually do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous best affiliate program said...

Waste your money and your only out your money,but waste your time and your out part of your life... Michael Leoboeuf

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten dollar hair cut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair... Sam Ewing

If You Find a need to become part of the best affiliate program so you make a few extra bucks.. go to http://7day2success.com/ ....best affiliate program...best affiliate program....

Live a better life today..

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home