Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Defeat

Today I finished Chapter 13, The Politician. Daniel decides to run for Edmonton town council. To his surprise Ed Shepherd, his nemesis and competition in business as well as politically. Although Daniel has many supporters in town so does Shepherd.

The surprise is that neither is elected to council.

Although Daniel is disappointed, he is not overwhelmed by his defeat. He accepts it graciously.

That brings me to the final chapter, the showdown between Shepherd and Daniel. Because Daniel is sure that Shepherd is responsible for the troubles at Beauregarde and Martin Freighting, he, so far is unable to prove anything.

Now the conflict is over the possibility of Edmonton becoming a city and the Territory of Athabaska becoming a province.

The battleground is set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home