Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Vandalized

Today was one of those days when nothing seemed to go right. Daniel returned to the farm to a joyous welcome by Geraldine, Robert, and Emily and then he returned to Edmonton where he started building a house on the Rossdale Flats not far from the North Saskatchewan River with the plan to move his family to town as he worked at developing his outfitting business.

When he returned to his small office on Jasper Avenue, he discovered it had been vandalized; yet that did not stop business from coming his way.

Ed Shepherd showed up to sympathize although it was more like gloating. Daniel is now suspicious that Ed may have had something to do with the destruction of his office.

So ended today’s writing. I’m not really happy with it, but I will let it be for now and see how it fits in later during the rewrite. This is the first draft, so I usually write it quickly to get the story out. Editing, proofreading, and revisions will come later.

I know that this feeling has happened before in other works and sometimes I can’t tell the good days from the bad. Maybe this will be such an occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home