Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thwarted Again

Although Daniel can’t get any money from Edouard, he still wants to go to the Klondike. In the local tavern he meets four newly arrived German immigrants who ask him to help them acquire an outfit to take them to the Klondike. In return, they will take him with them.

Once he acquires the necessary horses, conveyances, and mining equipment, they decide that they don’t want him along, but they pay him well for his services. Again, Daniel is thwarted in his attempt to go to the gold fields.

What will he do now? Will he find another way to get to the Klondike? By now, the main gold rush is over. Will gold fever consume him and force him to go anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home