Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Research today

Today I started Chapter Thirteen, but soon realized that I needed to do a great deal of research into the politics of the region at that timeā€”not only the politics but also the historical character that required inclusion.

So I spent the day researching the development of the cities and towns as well as the desire of the many of the people for a greater say in the manner in which they were governed.

Since my protagonist, Daniel Martin, was becoming central to what was happening, it was imperative that I understand the policies of the local, the regional, and the national governments of the times that was have a great effect on the people who were arriving daily to take up homesteads, to provide services, and to make a new life for themselves.

I did not achieve my intended quota of approximately 1000 words, which I ordinarily accomplish.

Maybe tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home