Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Chapter Twelve

Today I started Chapter Twelve of my WIP based on the history of the province of Alberta. For the past week I’ve been reviewing and correcting the proofs of my latest book to be published, which is not a historical novel.

In Chapter Twelve, Daniel, now recovered from a bad bout of pneumonia, still has dreams of becoming a successful gold miner in the Yukon. Again he convinces Geraldine that he must go although she is still against his venture.

This time, he decides to go alone with little baggage, as he will acquire the necessary gear when he arrives in the Klondike, but he will need money to do this, money that he does not have. He approaches his father-in-law for a stake and is rejected.

What is next step is, I’m not sure. That’s tomorrow’s problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home