Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Back to my story

Today, I returned to work on my WIP.

Daniel and his family join many others to watch the first train enter Edmonton on the newly constructed Low Level Bridge that now spans the North Saskatchewan River.

It’s October 6, 1902 and many ideas, desires, and anticipation are in the air now that there is railroad access into the bustling town of Edmonton.

A great deal of talk concerns the desire of most people to see the region become a province with more political control over its laws, resources, and destiny.

Daniel, like many others, is in favor of this happening, but like many, he does not agree with some of the view of others, as others do not agree with his stance. Among them, of course, is his customary opponent, Edward Shepherd, who, on this festive occasion, annoys Richard with his derision and scorn.

It took a while to get back into the story, but I think I’m there now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saskatchewan rentals

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com
Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home