Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Separation

Yesterday, Daniel and Geraldine, after many trysts, decide that they cannot live this way anymore. So they go to John Winter and proclaim their love for each other with Geraldine leaving him. John erupts in anger and threatens to kill Daniel. They become involved in a fight.

I’m not sure where it is going to go. Certainly, it’s unlikely that Daniel and Geraldine will live together as their standing in the community, the church, and with the families will be not only frowned upon but also stigmatized.

In any case, Daniel moral beliefs as well as Geraldine’s may this scenario unlikely, at least in the culture and mores of the times. Although others might act differently, it is not so with them.

All in all, it is a dilemma that I will have to solve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home