Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ready to go

Daniel is excited about going to the Klondike but he has to acquire the necessary gear and equipment, which he finds more difficult than he first thought. None of the merchants will give him credit, and his two partners, Ray Andrews and Harry Svendsen, have any money or credit.

He decides to ask his father-in-law, Edouard Beauregarde, to grubstake them. To his surprise, Edouard agrees for one fourth of any profit or gold that the find.

So they get together the equipment and gear they will need as well as six horses of which Daniel supplies four. The weather turns nasty with a spring rainstorm that delays their departure. As the day ends, Daniel feels that he is getting a cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home