Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, May 09, 2005

The End of Chaper Nine

I’m back after being away for a week.

Today I finished chapter nine.

Harriet lost their first child but is pregnant again. This time the pregnancy goes well and to full term, but it ends tragically. Both she and the baby die. Thus ends chapter nine.

It seem rather trite to sum it up in such a mundane manner, but I suppose events like that were a matter of course in those days in Western Canada, probably on all frontiers in North America.

I know it was part of the history of the period, so not uncommon.

Tomorrow I begin chapter ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home