Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Chapter ten begins

Today I started chapter ten. Daniel, to forget his grief over the loss of his wife and child begins an orgy of work on his homestead, his fields, his garden, his buildings, making his farm one of the best in the neighborhood.

On a trip to Edmonton to purchase some much-needed supplies, he accidentally encounters Geraldine Winter. To his surprise and astonishment, the meeting brings back memories and emotions that he thought were dead. She as well relishes the encounter and hints at problems in her marriage to John Winter.

I’m not sure how this will develop, but we do learn that John is ill, or appears to be so. Will this affect the relationship between Daniel and Geraldine? I guess I will just have to see what my characters will do with the situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home