Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Marriage

Today I started Chapter Nine, which I’ve titled The Husband. Daniel and Harriet are married but her family is not present, and since Daniel is an orphan without family in the North West, the marriage is a simple affair.

Another anomaly is the fact that Harriet does not belong to Daniel’s faith and naturally is uncomfortable with the rite and ceremony.

Daniel and Harriet are very much in love so that compensates for any problems and difficulties. One of these difficulties is the fact that Harriet appears to have difficulty becoming pregnant since both are looking forward to many children that are really necessary to help with the work on the farm.

Whether that will continue to be a problem remains to be seen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home