Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Love or passion?

Today Daniel decides to revisit the Dyer homestead in order to determine whether he is infatuated with Harriet or if he has actually fallen in love. As he rides toward their home, he speculates on how he will handle the meeting since he realizes that her parents are not in favor of his interest in their daughter.

When he arrives he is pleasantly surprised to find that the parents are away and Harriet is alone at the campsite. Their mutual attraction immediately surfaces, and their passion finds them embracing each other.

Daniel is exhilarated when Harriet confess her attraction and love for him. He ask her to marry him, but she knows that will be impossible and tells him so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home