Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Friday, April 22, 2005

A happy ending?

Today I completed Chapter Eight that I gave the working title The Bridegroom. Daniel and Harriet fall in love but are hampered by her parent’s rejection of Daniel. Daniel tries to convince her parents that they love each other, but to no avail and he is banished from their homestead.

Frustrated and rejected, he throws himself into work on his homestead when to his surprise and elation Harriet arrives because she has been banished by her father when she tells him that she and Daniel have made love.

She finds Daniel and his homestead, and they plan to marry.

Again, writing the chapter was very different from the plan although the outcome was the same. Although I have a vague idea of what I expect to happen in each chapter, seldom does it turn out as I originally plan. Circumstances, events, emotions, etc. dictate what will happen and how it will happen, often to my surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home