Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A good day!

Today was one of those great writing days, unlike yesterday that was a ‘bust.’ Today the words flowed, the characters worked, the action moved the story along. So the scene was written quickly and with satisfaction.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that it is perfect or even that it will remain as part of the book, but it was easy to write. Maybe it was because I gave it more thought, and although I had it planned it didn’t follow the script.

I’m not sure if the characters took over or whether the plot line was drive behind the scene. Nevertheless, I’m satisfied with the way it turned out.

Basically, Daniel went to visit the people of St. Albert who belong to the mission served by the Oblate priests and brother missionaries. His purpose was to ascertain the attitude of the Métis there, and to find out how the Cree first nation is considering its options.

He is assured that the Métis and the Cree have no quarrel with the settlers and citizens of Edmonton, but once he returns to Edmonton he learns that several incidents have occurred where some settlers have been forced from their farms and a Cree band invades the Hudson’s Bay post at Lac Ste. Anne demanding provision for the hungry.

Obviously, the situation is tense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home