Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Chapter Eight

I started chapter eight today with a leap of seven years from 1885 to 1892. By now the insurrection has been squashed, and, of course, Daniel is no longer in jail.

For the past years he has worked on his homestead improving it to the point where he now has title to the land because he cleared twenty-five acres, built a barn, acquired several animals—four draft horses, two cows, some pigs and chickens. In other words, he has become a prosperous farmer.

He lacks a wife and is now seriously thinking of rectifying that situation although he still dreams of Geraldine and what he considers a missed opportunity. Although he knows he can never love Marguerite, he even considers her as a possible mate.

That’s the first part of chapter eight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home