Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Straight Flush

Yes, Daniel won the last poker hand by beating the crew foreman, Jake Darby. Jake has become a character to reckon with in the novel. He was never originally planned for, but is is becoming a serious antagonist. I may have to give him a greater role.
Jake accused Daniel of cheating to win, but he could not prove his accusation. He threatened to get even.
With the money Daniel won, he and John Winter decided to leave the railroad job and head for Edmonton where they plan to acquire homesteads.
That's what happened in today's writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home