Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Starting Chapter Seven

Today, I started chapter seven.

The setting is Edmonton in early March 1885 prior to the beginning of the North West Rebellion led by Louis Riel. Although the center of the violence was in the District of Saskatchewan, most people in the North West are worried about the involvement of the Indians who were assigned reserves after the signing of treaties with the government of Canada.

Daniel, like others, is concerned about possible violence, yet he understands the plight of the Métis, the Indians, and many settlers.

During a meeting that is held in Edmonton, John Winter, who is now married to Geraldine, clashes with Daniel over the role that should be taken by the people of Edmonton because fear is rampant over the likelihood of the Métis of St. Alberta and the local Indians’ bands possible involvement.

This discord only increases the conflict between the two men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home