Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The poker game

Would you believe it? Daniel got involved in a poker game that included Jake, the crew supervisor, his friend John Winter, another railroader by the name of Clem. His luck started out bad, but seemed to be getting better as the game progressed.
As I left him he had the makings of a very good hand, and the stakes were getting high. I'm not sure how the game will end and how Daniel will fare. That's for tomorrow. Oh, by the way, Daniel motive for getting into the game is to make enough money to get a homestead and to set up as a farmer although he knows little about husbandry or horticulture. As well, he has hopes of finding a wife although nubile women are few.
We'll have to see how he accomplishes his desires and goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home