Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Finished Chapter Three

Last Friday, I finished chapter three, but I'm not very satisfied with it. I'm sure I will revise it, rewrite it. Somehow, it just do not seem to fit.
Today, I started chapter four. I got off to a good start so I hope it ends up better than chapter three.
Although, I know I will redo chapter three, I will let it set for a while, probably until I've finished the entire story.
Daniel Martin is now eighteen and thinking seriously of his future. He knows that he wants a wife and to acquire some land, probably a homestead somewhere near Fort Edmonton as he believes the land is better for agriculture. At the moment, he is back working for the railroad on the line being built between Fort Calgary and Fort Edmonton when he meets John Winter, the young NWMP constable who has now left the fort and plan to become a homesteader too.
Continued tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home