Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Chapter five

Today, I started chapter five. Daniel spent the winter on his homestead near Fort Saskatchewan in a small log cabin that he built complete with birchbark shingles and a wattle and daubed clay fireplace.
Spring arrived so he decided to got to Edmonton for some much needed supplies before the heavy work of clearing, breaking, sowing and other chores took up most of his time. On the trail that evening he comes upon a group of men drinking and carousing. To his surprise, two of them are acquaintances from his railroad days, Jake Darby and Barnie Gray who invite him to join them.
The half inebriated men suggest that they have a a great evening in store although they are secretive about it.
That's where the story is at now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home