Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Another week--another chapter, almost

Another week and another chapter almost finished.
Daniel and John Winter get into an argument over the rights to a particular homestead quarter of land. Daniel learns that John is not the friend he thought he was as he finds out about a serious flaw in John's personality and character.
Another possible antagonist for Daniel. At least it seems that way at this point in the chapter.
Today, the writing went exceedingly well and in little time had had my quota done for the day.
I don't write on the weekend, so tomorrow and Sunday are days to rest the mind and the creative process.
If anyone is interested, I might post a smidgen of a chapter to let you see how I write. :)
But someone will have to ask for it before I post!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Claude in Calgary said...

Hi, Charles. Thanks for sharing your writing diary. Yes, a sample of your prose would be nice and hopefully help anyone with less writing experience.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hi Claude, as per your request, I will post a segment from one of the chapters that I have written. Be aware that it is a first draft, and only that. On rewriting, it is subject to change.
Thanks for your interest and your comment.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home