Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Acquitted

Fortunately for Daniel, Sparkling Eyes, the young Cree woman, arrives with her uncle Raven and her testimony frees him. A short time later, Raven and Sparkling Eyes appear at Daniel's homestead. Raven wants some ammunition for his rifle from Daniel, and in return he wants Daniel to take Sparkling Eyes. Daniel does not want her although he finds her attractive and desirable.
He gives Raven some bullets and tells him to take the woman with him, but Raven leaves without her; she, according to the custom of her people, expects to become Daniel mate and makes herself at home in Daniel's cabin.
So ends chapter five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home