Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Not a good day!

Today was not a good writing day. The scene I planned to write did not happen as I expected or hope, but I will let it rest and review it tomorrow.
I started writing it and realized that I did not have enough information about one of the characters that was necessary to accomplish what I wanted. Nevertheless, I wrote the scene although it was a slow laborious job.
On other occasions, I've found that such scenes in retrospect are often as good a those that seem to write themselves.
I'm sure that has happened to most writers. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm that's quiet interessting but frankly i have a hard time figuring it... wonder how others think about this..

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home