Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Friday, February 11, 2005

The end of chapter two

Yesterday, I finished chapter two and today I started chapter three.
In chapter two, Daniel finally succeeds in being hired as a scout for the the NWMP after several frustrations and disappointments.
In chapter three, after a year as a scout, he decides that he wants more than that in his future, so he joins a ranch in the southern foothills of the Rockies.
That's where I'm at now. I don't think he'll stay long with this job, but I'll have to see where he goes from here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karin said...

Congratulations on finishing the second chapter. Sometimes I feel like I'm working on a chapter forever, but it's good to get the historical details accurate.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hi Karin, Thanks for the boost! It always helps. How is your novel progressing? I started chapter three, but had to be away for several days to attend my favorite uncle's funeral. Back now, but doing a lot of other chores.
I guess you know how it is when you leave things for a few days--e-mail, snail mail to look into and to answer.
Relative to chapters: I try to keep them around 5000 words, more or less, about 5 days work if I'm consistent! :) Of course, that's rough copy--the first draft!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home