Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The end of chapter one

Well, today I finished chapter one and it ended with a bit of surprise as a well-known figure from the early days of the province stepped into the scene.
Jerry Potts, a renowned scout and interpreter of the North West Mounted Police appeared on the scene and helped my protagonist, Daniel Martin, out of a tight spot.
Tomorrow it's on to chapter two.
Oh, by the way, I'll titled the first chapter, The Orphan. Although Daniel is fifteen years old, which was often consider a man or adult, he is orphaned when his parents die of small pox, a serious and dangerous disease in the late 1800's in Western Canada.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your novel sounds more and more interesting as I continue to read your entries.

Karin

12:12 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hi Karin, I tried to access your site, but could not.

Thanks for your comments. As you see from my posts, some days are productive; others are not.

So how is your writing coming?

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home