Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Daniel's dilemma

Today, Daniel returned to Fort Calgary and asked the commander there, Inspector Denny, for a job as a scout. Denny gave him the job but was forced to resign his position in the force for a number of reasons. The new commander, influenced by Corporal Shepherd, revoked the assignment, and Daniel no longer had the job.
That summarizes what happened to Daniel in today's episode.
Writing was easy today and the scene worked well. Of course, it will require rewriting and some facts need to be verified.
When I read the summary, it sounds trite and contrived, but I hope the actual writing will make it sound more realistic. Nevertheless, the story is moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home