Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Chapter two

Today, I started Chapter Two. Daniel is now a dispatch rider carrying messages and mail between the scatterd NWMP posts, but he dreams of becoming a scout like the renowned Jerry Potts. He requests such a job but learns that his age, sixteen years old, is against him, yet he knows that he is capable of doing the job.
The first scene went well, but it got off to a shaky start; yet as it progressed it became easier and easier. It may need some rewriting, but for now I'll let it incubate over the weekend.
As I mentioned before, I seldom write much on the weekends and when I do, it's on other projects, short stories or articles. And now, maybe, my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home