Charles Web Journal

My blog is intended to show how I construct and write a historical novel. It will be a journal of my daily writing activity, as I write a new historical novel.

Name:
Location: Evansburg, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired school teacher with a B. Ed in English literature a B.A. in History. After a long career as a teacher of English and history, I now write historical novels based on Canadian history.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Better

Today was a better day as far as the writing went.
Daniel applied for a job on a work crew constructing the railroad line to the east of Fort Calgary. Although he is willing and capable, his age and size were against him; he had difficulty convincing the boss and foreman that he could do the job. Eventually he was hired and assigned to a work crew that didn't want him.
I hope he survives and has a good experience with the railroad.
The time period is 1882 and the Canadian Pacific Railroad is making its way across the western prairies of the North West Territories through the districts of Assiniboia and Alberta that will become the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home